Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I saw this on someones blog while surfing.... It is so close to how I feel I thought I'd share. (especially the last sentence)


"Barack Obama has won!

The good news is that a Black man has won the Presidency, the bad news is that in many ways he supports many issues contrary to mine.

As I often tell my kids, no person is all bad. At this point, it doesn't matter what his actions and his voting record has been in the past, it now matters what he will do in the future.

Time will be the true indicator to what this man will do and represent.

Tomorrow is a new day!

No matter which candidate is in the White House our responsibilities will not change much. We still need to pray for our leaders and work at making our country better.

At the end of the day we will all be left with the task of living in this world and doing the best we can with it.

There is one thing that I am quite happy about and that is my kids know a little more about this election than I ever did at their age. I am pleased at their interest and their level of understanding. In addition, individual values set aside, this election is so important, for reasons far bigger than who wins or loses. My kids are having their very first real exposure to a presidential election and they are seeing a black man and a woman V.P candidate on the ticket.

In their world, this will ALWAYS have been possible."

When there was a picture of Obama on T.V. I pointed him out to Zac and it didn't even cross his mind that he is black, and that it was a big deal. I think that is a HUGE step, who-da-thunked-it even 10 years ago!?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great thought. I see you changed your background. You didn't like being like your big SIs. WHATS UP WITH THAT JK

Lacey and Jeremy Briscoe said...

That is so true. By the way, your halloween pics are cute. I loved you kids costumes!

The Briscoe Bunch said...

Yesturday the kids came home and I showed them all who our president was. Kaylee asked is that John or Barack and I told her it was Barack then she said everyone in her class had said that he is a bad man. I prceeded to tell her that we may not agree with everything that he beleives but hes not a bad man and that being our president he now has a chance to help our country out. She never said anything about his color and that made me happy but you can def. see the parents comments and opinions rubing off on the others at school!

Harris said...

Hey. I read that too!!! It is nice to hear someone with a positive outlook!! Cute halloween pics!!!

Jon Woodins said...

I really liked that. Because It is soo true. It is not a matter of heriatge it is a matter of Righteousness and Wickedness. Let us hope and pray that Obama will lead us toward righteousness.